Thursday 16 August 2012

Cowes Week: Sailor Chic!

Sooo, as you may or may NOT know it's Cowes Week in The Isle Of Wight and as my boyfriend is a fellow islander, I took a trip over to the island, to experience Cowes week and see what all the fuss was about! 

Cowes week is one of the longest running regular regattas in the world, held in the small town of Cowes in The Isle of Wight. With 40 daily races, up to 1,000 boats and 8,500 competitors varying from Olympic and world class professionals to weekend sailors.

But for the local youths and yachtees, Cowes week is also a great excuse to go out and indulge in the onshore events, in particular;  live music, bars and cocktail parties - a festival-like atmosphere that isn't usually apparent in the quiet town of Cowes.  

Of course I had to dress for the occasion! A classic blue and white striped sailor dress paired with  my new  Pepe  Jeans London Navy blue blazer. - I fitted right in! 

I just loved seeing everyone in their sailor gear and even though I was only able to stay for a day I had such a fun time. It was great to see such a small town so busy and so alive.

O x


Here are some photographs I took whilst I was there :) :















1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your lovely comment, your jacket is lovely! And you are very pretty too, great blog, keep it up!

    Katie x x x x

    autumn-russell.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete